I have listened carefully to the priorities of the people of Cranston and have incorporated them into my advocacy and legislative action. I always put your interests first in reducing the burden on taxpayers, helping small businesses, investing in quality education, and addressing our pressing infrastructure needs.
Focusing on Jobs and the Economy
- Reduced Rhode Island’s corporate tax rate from 9% to 7%, the lowest in New England, to help our businesses.
- Raised the exemption and removed the cliff provision on the estate tax to assist our state’s hard-working families.
- Reduced regulatory burdens to make Rhode Island more business friendly.
Reforming the Way Our State Does Business
- Passed strong Ethics Reform legislation
- Removed the single-party Master Lever
- Eliminated Community Service Grant Program
- Enacted Campaign Finance and Lobbying Reforms
- Passed new law to allow voters to register on-line
A Strong Advocate for Our Schools
- Increased state investment in education by $49.3 million, including an additional $5 million for Cranston’s public schools.
- Added $10 million in budget for URI, RIC and CCRI to enable tuition rates to be frozen.
- Sponsored legislation to overhaul state’s career and technical education in a partnership with employees to boost our economy.
Committed to Our Future
- Enacted a minimum wage increase for four straight years and an increase in the minimum wage for tipped employees.
- Developed a comprehensive transportation plan to address our infrastructure needs.
- Passed a plan to restructure employment insurance taxes, saving employers $30 million.